With the 2018 summer session of the Sunshine Group starting in 2 days, we have a lot of information to share with you. I ask that you please take a moment to read through the information below, which will hopefully answer any questions you may have.
The 2018 Sunshine Group summer session will start this Thursday, July 5th, at 9:00 am at the VFW on Holliston St. in Medway. Please check the Bus Stop List for transportation details.
If you sent an application and check, then your child is registered. There was a delay with the checking account, so they will not be deposited until Thursday, July 5.
Everything you need to send with your child(ren) is posted in the Letter to the Parents , but some reminders:
- The Daily Blog – There will be a new blog post here on the website every afternoon with photos, details about the day, and important information. This will be a conversation-starter so that you can talk with your child about what occurred during his/her day. Subscribe to the Daily Blog by filling out your name and email in the box on this page. You will receive a daily report in your email inbox.
- Permission slips will be posted here on the website’s Daily Blog for you to print out. If you need a hard copy, please let us know.
- Apply sunscreen at home
- Peanut-free snacks only – and they should not be shared
- We will always have water for the children to drink, but water bottles are welcome (please label)
- EVERYTHING should have your child’s name or initials on it (please put name on OUTSIDE of backpack to facilitate snack time)
- Field trips are usually on Thursday (no field trip the first week and there will be a Friday field trip to the theater)
- Swim on Fridays (weather-permitting), starting this week. Swimwear and towel should be sent every day for water play
- Groups are organized by age: RED (2-4 years) ORANGE (5-7 years) YELLOW (8-12 years) and GREEN ( 13+)
- Your child will receive a red t-shirt that must be worn on field trip days
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask! Looking forward to an exciting summer!
Barbara Ohanian, Director