Dear Sunshine Group Families,
Thank you for your patience as we prepare for the summer 2021 session.
The good news is that we will be able to resume in-person operations this summer and that applications will be posted on Friday April 30th. We have been working with the Town of Medway Board of Health and Parks and Recreation to ensure our small 6-week summer program can resume by following COVID guidelines. These conversations have focused on our need to limit the capacity of the number of students that can shelter together with 6 ft. distancing in case of an emergency (for example, a thunderstorm). Unfortunately, this means we will not be able to host as many students as we have in the past.
In order to be as fair as possible, registrations will be accepted on a first come first serve basis. We are hopeful that advance notice of applications being posted will give families a fair opportunity to apply for spaces in our program.
To apply, you will need to submit the following three items via mail:
Once all three are received, we will email you to confirm your registration or to let you know that we will have to add you to a waiting list (we will contact you should someone cancel their registration or if restrictions ease). Please keep an eye on your email inbox! If your registration is confirmed, a family packet will be sent to you that will include more specific information about restrictions, the size of our program and new safety procedures.
In addition to our previous updates about our ability to operate in person, we have a few additional updates:
- Our program will continue to operate at Oakland Park, but will run with smaller groups with activities modified to meet social distancing guidelines.
- We are increasing our age range to now be 5 years old and up (instead of 2+)
- There will be no field trips or pool days. We will be at Oakland Park Tuesday – Friday.
- We will be able to offer bus transportation to and from camp, but with some restrictions.
- Children will be separated into small group cohorts that will remain the same for the entire summer
- We are limiting the number of volunteers/CITs
- There will be daily health screenings (parental questionnaire and child temperature checks)
- Pick up and Drop off lines will be used to maintain distancing during pick up and drop off, staggered the pick up and drop off times.
- Face coverings will be required for all staff, volunteers, and children
Please note that these guidelines will be in place to keep our families and staff safe. We are working hard to implement essential restrictions necessary to continue to operate our small 6-week summer program in person.
While this summer may look different, one thing is for certain: We are dedicated to accepting, respecting, and celebrating each and every child. We appreciate your patience and dedication to the Sunshine Group!
With much appreciation,
The Sunshine Group