Dear Sunshine Group families,
We know everyone has been anxiously waiting to hear if we are able to resume our in-person summer program for 2021. We have been working with the Town of Medway Board of Health and the Parks and Recreation Department to ensure our small 6-week summer program can resume operations.
We are very fortunate to announce we will be able to operate in person for Summer 2021! While we await final plans and determine all essential protocols that must be followed, we do know that our program will look a little different then it has in the past.
Some changes that we must implement include but are not limited to:
- Reduction in the overall number of children we will be able to accommodate
Increasing our age range to 5 and up
- No field trips or pool days
- There will likely be no bus transportation to and from camp
- Separating children into small group cohorts that will remain the same for the entire summer
- Limiting the number of volunteers/CITs
- Daily health screenings (parental questionnaire and child temperature checks)
- Staggered Drop off/Pick up times
- Required face coverings for all staff, volunteers, and children
Please note that these guidelines will be in place to keep our families and staff safe. We are working hard to implement essential restrictions necessary to continue to operate our small 6-week summer program in person.
More information about registration will be coming soon. Once your registration is confirmed, a family packet will be sent to you that will include information about restrictions, the size of our program and new safety procedures. Please stay tuned to our website and blog for updates.
While this summer may look different, one thing is for certain; we are dedicated to accepting, respecting, and celebrating each and every child. We appreciate your patience and dedication to the Sunshine Group!
With much appreciation,
The Sunshine Group
2 thoughts on “An Update on the Sunshine Group 2021 Season”
Thank you so very much for sharing this update!!
Thanks for the update! But sad to hear about the age change. This severely limits options for pre-school aged children anywhere :-(.
Comments are closed.